Wednesday, October 13, 2010

HOW TO MAKE INFLATABLE - OTHER LAB





















10/13/2010

I was looking for the fabrication method for inflatable. The issue is how to make a 3d curving surface flat so that I can cut each part and reassemble it. I found a blog (Other Lab) and they have developed algorithms and assembly techniques for producing inflatable objects in collaboration with MIT and Harvard on DARPA’s programmable matter program. I may contact them, but if it doesn't work, then asking Chirs in my thesis group would be the other option who worked on fabric fabrication techniques last semester.

2 comments:

  1. Take a look at what Architect George Yu did for an exhibition in 2004 called "Blow Up." Might be a good resource..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Will, he was so talented and I feel sorry that he died at the early age.

    ReplyDelete