Monday, October 11, 2010

REVIEWING THE REVIEW

This is the moment where I should stop and review the trajectories I have followed. The notion of lightness is fairly broad and can be extended to a number of related concepts not only in architecture but in art, design and technology. To be honest, I am now having difficulty in deciding which way to go. The air as a site that I chose for the second project, Site as Thesis, was too vague and lacked specificity. The feedback in the last review was somewhat different from what I had expected, and I have started to rethink of my thesis. How? following postings will reflect it.

-----------------------------------------
Feedback in Review

Understanding air in section + plan(not just inverted)
We understand air through movement.
Think more about air as content.
Peter Sloderdyk - Terror from the air
"Design Air"
Currently it is a by-product
What causes it? How can you operate in the air?
Understand dynamics - movement owes bodies of water
Convection
Displacement + Agitation > Cars on the highway
Hermetic seal > interior(designed, temperature, movement) versus exterior
What does this mean for everything else?
Balloonist convention > NY Times one week ago
Air pollutants as a possibility
> Muskegon
> Howell MI is a strong balloon community

No comments:

Post a Comment